Sunday, June 16, 2013
What are Your Top Destinations for Weekend Retreat in Malaysia?
The last time I was in Malaysia, I spent most of the days in Kuala Lumpur (special thanks to Mary Jane of Fashion Travels for such a lovely accommodation every time I'm in KL!) so I'm currently curating a list of must-check out destinations in Malaysia for a weekend getaway and found this extremely helpful list from Lipstiq. Since I wanted to go to places that are not too far from Kuala Lumpur, below are some of the places that caught my fancy.
So here are some of the things that I'm looking for:
- must not be too far from Kuala Lumpur
That's it. I'm pretty much open to various options though the ones with spa (damn I would go to very far place just to enjoy a spa!) Do let me know in the comments below or via Twitter with your suggestions!
- Location: Kampung Baru Pantai, Jalan Jelebu,, Jelebu, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
- Just an hour away from KL
- Not sure about the internet connection
- Perfect for BBQ!
- Room packages also starting at RM300
-Awanmulan on Facebook (5% off if you like them on Facebook!)
2. The Dusun
- Location: 3437, Kampung Kolam Air, Pantai, 71770 Seremban
- 90-minute drive from KL, accessible by KTM commuter train
- Room package starts at RM500
- The Dusun on Facebook
- Location: Sekeping Serendah Sdn Bhd 67, Jln Tempinis Satu, Lucky Garden, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
- Glass House
- Price starts at RM500
Helpful review about the place from Mr. Mon's Journey
4. Bagus Place
- Location: Pulau Tioman Island, Malaysia
- Their Boat House looks marvelous!
- Definitely, absolutely no signal nor internet connection
- Price starts at RM900
5. The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat
- Location: No. 1, Persiaran Lagun Sunway 3, 31150 Ipoh
- Luxury spa resort with private pool and the spa!!! (But holy cow it's damn too expensive like the cheapest for 4 nights is Php 61,486 through Booking. My Malaysian friend told me it is very high end and suggested other places like The Dusun, Janda Baik, Sekeping Kong Heng or Sekeping Serendah.)
- Free WiFi
Okay friends, those are some of the places that I'd love to check out on a weekend getaway in Malaysia. What other places could you suggest?
(Image via Lipstiq)